The St. Tammany Republican Parish Executive Committee has issued its first round of endorsements for the Nov. 4 elections, including support of Congressman Steve Scalise‘s bid for re-election. The endorsements stem from a forum the panel held on Saturday (Sept. 13) for candidates in select races.
After the public meeting, the RPEC went into executive session to consider endorsements. Endorsements made public Monday were:
- Steve Scalise, U. S. House of Representatives, 1st District.
- Dawn Amacker, state judge, 22nd Judicial District, Division L.
- Eric Skrmetta, Public Service Commission.
- Michael Nation, St. Tammany Parish School Board, 6thDistrict.
- Sharon Lo Drucker, St. Tammany Parish School Board, 9th District.
- “Chuck” Wohltmann, Justice of the Peace, 1st Ward.